Some Good Old Sci-Fi Classics!

Nope. Not Star Trek... before Star Trek....
Does anyone remember....
The Thunderbirds and IR (International Rescue)???
or Stingray and WASP (World Aquanaut Security Patrol) 

...stand by for action! 
anything could happen in the next half hour!

...the best bongo music and

but wait! 

... here is the classic theme song of Fireball XL-5

Yes, it was the sixties, with all its "attitudes", the "actors" were puppets (marionettes) - but they were kool.... 

These "high tech folks" had entire buildings that could retreat into silos, rocket ships in their garage, had space stations, even had underwater vehicles, and knew some underwater aliens. A normal work day was filled with saving the world from all kinds of strange and mysterious things and disasters,

but the BEST of all, 
was that they had a "hip" theme song:

So in honor of all of us who have or had the goal to be astronauts here is:
the soundtrack of Fireball XL5,

The words and link to extended soundtrack of Fireball XL5 are at the end of this post.

STEM was very much alive in the 60's YAAAAH BABY!
ENJOY!



Do you have your karaoke machine ready?

Here are the words to Fire Ball XL5:

I wish I was a space man.
The fastest guy alive.
I'd fly you round the universe,
In Fireball XL-5.
Way out in space together,
Compass of the sky,
My heart would be a fireball,
A fireball,
Every time I gazed into your starry eyes.

We'd take the path to Jupiter,
And maybe very soon.
We'd cruise along the Milky Way,
And land upon the moon.
To our wonderland of stardust,
We'll zoom our way to Mars,
My heart would be a fireball,
A fireball,
If you would be my Venus of the stars.

But though I'm not a space man,
Famous and renowned,
I'm just a guy that's down to Earth, 
With both feet on the ground.
It's all imagination, I'll never reach the stars,
My heart is still a fireball,
A fireball,
Every time I gaze into your starry eyes.

Fireball,fireball,
Every time I gaze into your starry eyes.

 full song link


Gerry Anderson – creator of Thunderbirds, Fireball XL5, famous for the use of “Supermarionation,” or the use of modified puppets died at the age of 83 Dec 25,2012 link